A creepy 1993 movie starring Brad Pitt, Juliette Lewis, David Duchovny and Michelle Forbes (Ensign Ro from Star Trek: The Next Generation). It was directed by Dominic Sena. Duchovny is a writer interested in serial killers; Forbes is his photographer girlfriend. They decide to drive from Kentucky to California visiting famous murder sites along the way; to save money, they travel with their complete opposites, white trash boyfriend and girlfriend Pitt and Lewis, the former turning out to be breaking parole in leaving the state. Gradually the travelers realize that a killer is among them...

On a completely different note, vuo points out that this is also 'the standard Finnish spelling of California, cf. English "Munich" for München, etc.' I expect it also may be the spelling used in some other languages, as I can think of a few which generally use don't use "c" for the /k/ sound.

The sixth track of Fatboy Slim's 1999 album "You've come a long way baby".

The lyrics are quite simple, as someone in contact with Norman Cook's music should essentially have come to expect, and go something like this:

"Kalifornia is druggy druggy druggy druggy"

I used to own this album; then someone borrowed it never to return it again. Perhaps he'd done me a favour? I did use to hear this kind of music an awful lot back in the day, and afterwards I actually came to believe the loss of this album effectively broadened my musical taste.

Nevertheless, it was a fun listen, and probably still is nowadays.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.