A small college in Greenwood, SC, founded near the turn of the 20th century. Fairly good math/computer science program, although the C++ textbook is completely worthless, in my estimation.

As of this noding, only two of the dorms are ABOUT to be wired, and one of them is the crappy females-only dorm without air conditioning. Even worse is the free PPP connection: they CLAIM it's 56K, but we've never managed to stay connected long enough to clock it, so many students pay $25 a month for a local ISP.

On the other hand, there's about a 2.1 female-to-male ratio, so it's not all bad. Heh heh heh.

Its domain is lander.edu.

Lander University was founded in 1872 as the Williamston Female College, in Williamston, SC. In 1904, the college moved to Greenwood, SC, and renamed Lander College, in honor of its founder, Samuel Lander. Currently, Lander University is a fully accredited institution by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's and master's level degrees.
Full-time enrollment is approximately 2,800 with a student body representing 30 states and 17 foreign countries. A $13million science/mathematics/computer science complex was completed in 1997 and houses the Division of Mathematics and Computer Science and the Division of Biological and Physical Sciences.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.