Let's Talk About Feelings is currently the latest full studio album by the melodic punk band Lagwagon (they also have a newer comp called Let's Talk About Leftovers). It was published in 1998 by Fat Wreck Chords, owned by Fat Mike of NOFX, who is good friends with Lagwagon and signed them onto his label first after NOFX itself. The album was recorded at Ryan Greene's Motor Studios, where a lot of Fat Wreck albums are recorded.

Like all their CDs so far, its quite different from the rest, with more emphasis on treble and less on bass (and generally a better sound balance) compared to their previous album Double Plaidinum. It also has a rich sound in general, and has Lagwagon's usual creative and interesting lyrics, with excellent coordination between the drummer and the guitarists on complex beats and melodies. The singer (Joey Cape) is very good on this album, and has improved in general over the career of the band. The song May 16 was featured in the console and pc game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and therefore is probably the most widely known song from this album, or perhaps by the band in general.

It took me a couple of listens to get into this album, but once I did I loved it. It's definitely a great album to get if you like melodic punk at all, easy to listen to while still retaining musically complex songs, and without being excessively softcore or poppy. Lagwagon is one of my favourite bands and this is probably their second best album after Hoss. Let's Talk About Feelings contains the following songs:

  1. After You My Friend
  2. Gun In Your Hand
  3. Leave The Light On
  4. Change Despair
  5. Train
  6. Hurry Up And Wait
  7. Everything Turns Grey
  8. Love Story
  9. Messengers
  10. The Kids Are All Wrong
  11. May 16
  12. Owen Meaney

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.