Mandarin Orange Jell-O Salad

Orange Jell-O Dissolve the jello in the boiling water and add the orange juice along with the pineapple and mandarin oranges. Blend well and chill in the refrigerator until set. Then add the topping.

Topping

Cool the topping in the refrigerator then fold in all of cool whip. Spread evenly on top of the jello then top with a little grated orange or lemon zest if you like.

Oh, what a light salad with colorful contrasting flavors of tart mandarins and pineapple mixed with the sweet lemony topping. I love it! It's a recipe from Dad, he likes to make it for the church picnics. It makes for an easy to throw together dish for office parties, as well as, potlucks and works well as a salad or dessert. For dinner, it's a perfect go together served along side real Texas Style BBQ Beef coverd in BBQ Sauce, heapings and second servings of tangy sweet BBQ Beans and a hearty helping toothsome potato salad. A family favorite it makes for a nice summer treat to have after dinner. Put it in a pretty clear glass bowlso it will look deliciously cooling on the table with the bright orange Jello-O covered with the light yellow lemon topping. I hope that you'll enjoy giving this one a try. With a big pitcher of sweet tea and you have some good eats !

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.