Mordor MUD is a MUD code-base, developed by Brooke Paul and John Freeman. It can be found at http://mordor.nazgul.com/

Lineage
Mordor is based upon Quest for Mordor by Brett Vickers, which was first written in 1988. It is derived from Quest v2.0 ca. 1992.

Technical Information
Mordor can run on any computer running a BSD-derived UNIX, or Windows NT. It requires around 10 megabytes of disk space, and at least 9 megabytes or RAM.

Current Projects
The following games are running Mordor or a modified Mordor engine:
  • Isengard - isengard.nazgul.com:4040
  • Darbonne - styx.darbonne.com:3000
  • Chaos MUD - chaos.gamersp.com:5150
  • Atlas - atlas.mudpool.com:4444
  • Hrielith - organelle.org:4045
  • Lands of Stone - mud.landsofstone.org:4801
  • Deratia - deratia.dhs.org:2059
  • Moosengard - styx.darbonne.com:6789
  • Aalynor's Nexus - www.aalynorsnexus.org
  • Sanctuary - www.tholm.org

MORDOR Mud, also a full blown mud, based on the Merc 2.1 codebase.

The mud is based on the world of Middle Earth, created by J.R.R. Tolkien, and for the most part stays true, unlike many similar muds which may have an area rivendell, next to the transformers area. All of the areas in the mud are original, none merely downloaded and packed on.

While not one of the most popular muds around, averaging between 5-35 players online at any one time, it was at one time one of the best multiclassing systems around. After a rushed total experience system rewrite, and removal of pk and basically clans, except as an aesthetic quality, most of the decent playerbase left the land, and it was taken over by 13 year old idiot "ROFLLOL" kids which caused the immortals to lose their sanity.

It can be played at - mordor.technomage.net:4000.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.