Mother Needs a Moment TEA is a series of themed teas, solid in packages that contain four boxes of tea, each with five bags. The tea is made in Sri Lanka, which is good, and is marketed by a company that I haven't heard of called "EB Tea House". But it was one dollar and twenty five cents at the now inaccurately named Dollar Tree, and so I decided I wanted to ironically drink some of this tea, so I bought a box, despite already having a year's supply of tea in my home.

I decided to drink the tea today, and I decided to drink them in an order that I made up for myself:

A Tropical Vacation!: Pineapple Twist: This seemed to be a good one to start my day. Currently, it is the middle of June and Oregon is in a weird La Nina late spring, with an atmospheric river (sometimes called a Pineapple Express) dropping rain on us. I decided to start my day with this one. I hoped it would make me think of sunnier skies. So I drank my first cup of tea along with some filling Snoqualmie Falls Lodge Pancakes, and set about my day.
Finding My Passion!: Passion Fruit: Now that I am awake, it is time to find my passion. Time to fill my day with some verve and excitement. Time to look for something, in the vast ocean of life, to excite me and inspire me! Time to wake up a bit more because the first cup of tea was pretty weak. I drank this tea, optimistically thinking it would give me a rush of energy and that I might accomplish something. Instead, I ended up spending two hours watching A Link to the Past Randomizer, which if it didn't enpassion me, at least interested me.
Treat Me Gingerly!: Lemon Ginger: Ginger is therapeautic, it is says, so as I found my afternoon full of grief, worry and general negativity, I thought a ginger and lemon zestblast would reset my soul. Considering that these tea bags cost 5 cents each, I would say it was a cost effective way to feel better. This was also the first tea that really tasted different. The first two had a flavor that I would describe as "vaguely fruity", while this tastes strongly of ginger.
Everything is Peachy!: Peach Mango : I think it was around dinner time that I completed a long day's journey into tea, with this celebration of peachy feelings. I was hoping by this point in my tea drinking career, I would have found a sense of well-being and purpose. And indeed, I did feel something akin to a glow of satisfiscation at this point, at least to the degree that I would expect from a five cent cup of tea. This also tasted peachy, although I was unsure why mango had to be added, but I was glad that they didn't try to add a pun of some sort to this.

I thus finished my mandallic journey through the four-fold cosmos of themed teas and feminine emotions. I experienced all the emotions of being a mother: aggrievement, whimsy, and overly fruity tastes. Also, apparently, the fact that women can't handle heavy doses of caffeine. These tea bags were small, and the tea itself was weak, although that weakness was overshadowed by the heavy fruit taste. After completing my first trip through the package, I drank two more cups, for a total of six bags of this tea, and I can barely keep my eyes open.

So overall, I would say that while I understand the entire marketing ploy here, of not just telling tea, but selling emotions, and that furthermore it works by suggesting the the purchaser is particularly aggrieved and stressed---well, after drinking 30 cents of this tea, I have to say, it didn't quite work for me. But then, what do I know, I am not a mother, and I don't really need a moment because I have all day.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.