An Everything2 Help Document


Why it's important to read this before you begin writing

Everything2 may be unlike anything you have met before. There are standards of submission.




What New Writeups is

One of E2's nodelets, which (by default) displays the last 15 writeups that were added to the database. You may choose to show more, or fewer, writeups in this list; there is a drop-box to enable this. New Writeups nodelet refreshes every few minutes, so something newly-published may not show immediately..

Your writeup will receive the most attention-- generally in the form of votes-- while it's being displayed in this nodelet.

You can choose to keep your writeup hidden from this nodelet (and the ENN page). This option will prevent your writeup from being advertised immediately to the general userbase - but the editorial staff will still see that they were submitted, as well as being seen in Writeups by Type. Generally, daylogs are posted hidden by default.

Don't Flood New Writeups

There is an unwritten rule that has been here for a l-o-n-g time - do not post large numbers of writeups all at once. If you are going to post several, either space them out so there are no more than 3 in the top 15 of New Writeups, or post some hidden. The reason for this is simple - by flooding, you are impolitely pushing everyone else's work of the bottom of the list, and quite simply, it's considered rude.

If you do this have too large a number, you may find that the editors will hide some of them, for this reason.




If this is not clear, ask questions in the Chatterbox or approach the E2 Staff


Back to
Everything2 Help




Updated on October 4, 2012 by wertperch

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.