A medical researcher who specializes in odd neurological disorders. He wrote Awakenings (and was masterfully-portrayed by Robin Williams in the movie version), An Anthropologist on Mars, and The Man who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, among others. He's given various lectures on creativity, he's worked with many autistics to varying degrees (from Asperger's syndrome to a full-blown inability to process information), and he fundamentally gets the creative mindset.

Editor's note: Oliver Sacks died August 30, 2015, after suffering from liver cancer. He was 82 years old.

A neurologist involved in many different areas of study. A large part of his work was concerned with the effect of brain trauma on consciousness and perception (see The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat).

He was dramatised by Robin Williams in the film Awakenings, based on Sach's book of the same name, detailing his treatment of encephalitis, commonly known at the time as 'Sleeping Sickness'.

He has also done work with Parkinson's Disease and Tourettes Syndrome, and filmed a documentary entitled 'Shane' following the life of a Tourette's Syndrome sufferer. Shane himself made a small cameo in the film Awakenings as a Tourette's Syndrome patient.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.