An extremely campy soap-opera currently showing on NBC daytime that follows the life and times of residents of the small, inappropriately named town of Harmony. Two of the most memorable residents are a witch Tabitha and her loveable quasi-evil living doll, Timmy. As Tabitha runs around summoning demons and turning people to the dark side with horrible special effects, the standard soap-opera plotlines of love triangles and secret affairs continues. Warning: this show is higly addictive. :)

Aparently, a poll conducted by NBC led them to believe that viewers of daytime television wanted to see the trials and tribulations of 'younger' and 'hipper' people than those provided by the long running Days of Our Lives. This not only resulted in Days shifting to focus more on the pains and pleasures of its more high-school aged characters. It also spawned the ridiculously horrible Passions which eventually replaced Sunset Beach to my dismay.

The town of Harmony seems to be overrun with gorgeous, yet full-of-angst teens and the high school-esque pranks and attitudes you'd expect to go with them. Kept only slightly on the sidelines are the plots involving more adult characters, like the relationship between Sheridan and the unbelievably gorgeous Luis (one of the show's few selling points).

The silly sideplot with Tabitha and her living doll described by psydereal is powered by the most embarassingly bad effects you could imagine; much worse even than that time Marlena's demons were exorcized on Days a few years back.

In FASA's Earthdawn gaming system, the Passions are deity-like beings embodying aspects of life. There are twelve Passions, each one of whom has a domain that its powers spring from. The Passions are somewhere between heroes and gods, and have been known to manifest for extended periods of time in mortal form. A Passion can and will manifest as either gender, or as a member of any Namegiver race, although some have preferences. The Passions can also take a more spirit-based form, and inspire the minds of Namegivers.

Passions are served by Questors, who work to inspire fellow mortals and become closer to the spirit of their Passion. A Questor of Galen, the hearth-Passion, for example, might be a travelling healer, whereas a Questor of the trade-Passion Chorollis would more probably work as a merchant. Questors of most Passions tend to be welcome in most communities, as they are dedicated to the improvement of others, not just themselves.

The Passions:

  • Astendar:Passion of art, music, and love. Usually depicted as a Namegiver with a musical instrument.
  • Chorrolis: Passion of trade, wealth, and desire. Usually depicted as a wealthy namegiver with bags of gold.
  • Erendis:Passion of order and work. After the Scourge, he became known as Dis, Mad Passion of slavery and bureaucracy. Depictions vary before and after the Scourge; common themes include contracts and chains.
  • Floranuus:Passion of energy, victory, and motion. Usually depicted as a figure made of flames.
  • Garlen:Passion of hearth and healing. Usually depicted as a motherly figure of any namegiver race.
  • Jaspree: Passion of growth, care of the land, and the wilderness. Normally depicted as half-namegiver, half animal, usually surrounded by plants and wild creatures.
  • Lochost: Passion of rebellion, freedom, change, and chaos. Usually depicted wearing broken chains.
  • Mynbruje: Passion of justice, empathy, compassion, and truth. Usually depicted with instruments of law, such as the scales of justice.
  • Rashomon: Passion of endurance and perseverance. After the Scourge, he became known as Raggok, Mad Passion of vengeance and jealousy. Depictions vary.
  • Thystonius: Passion of valor and physical conflict. Although frequently mistaken for a Passion of war, this is not actually the case. Usually depicted riding into battle with banners flying.
  • Upandal: Passion of smithwork, crafts, and engineering. Usually depicted as a namegiver with hammer and anvil.
  • Vestrial: Passion of humor and cunning. After the Scourge, known as Vestrial, Mad Passion of deceit, treason, and trickery. Depictions vary; common themes are masks, cloaks, and (after the Scourge) daggers.

Some also say that Death is related to the Passions, but she does not manifest as the others do, and does not have Questors. There is a story about that, and her imprisonment under Death's Sea. Because she is not as everpresent as the other Passions, Death is not a constant in this world, and resurrection spells and the undead are not uncommon.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.