When I was growing up, we lived in a fairly temperate area. Hot summers, cold winters, 4 distinct seasons, each clearly designated. Anyway, my great-grandmother lived about 2 miles down the road from my house, on the edge of the mountain, in the bluff area. She was a goddess. She's the one me and my little brother called one Christmas morning when we got up and Santa Claus hadn't brought us anything, not knowing, of course, that my mom had been up all night putting together the bikes, and so all our presents were in her room.

I actually do get along with some members of my family.


Peanut Butter Fudge
The most important thing to remember about this recipe is that the best time in the entire world to make it is right after a fresh snowfall, so that you can put it outside, in the middle of the snow, to harden.

Ingredients:
A shallow dish, of any dimensions. Use your best judgement here. If you want circular fudge, use a round tray. If you want a dodecahedron, I'm not going to bloody well stop you. My personal preference is to go to the grocery store and ask the butcher for a few of those styrofoam trays they put the meat in. It's usually free, and they're disposable.
2 cups sugar.
1/2 cup Pet milk.
1 cup ice water.
1 Tablespoon Karo syrup (clear).
1/4 cup marshmallows. (the small kind)
1/3 stick of butter.
3 heaping Tablespoons peanut butter.
1 teaspoon vanilla.

Mix sugar, milk, and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until if forms a fairly firm ball when dropped in the ice water. Remove from heat. Add marshmallows, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla, and beat. Pour into dish and place somewhere cold for it to solidify. As said before, outside in the snow for preference, but a refrigerator will do in a pinch.


God, this stuff's orgasmic.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.