Five Predacons combine to form Predaking!

PREDACON: PREDAKING

FUNCTION: WARRIOR
"Destroy first, ask questions later."

The closest thing to a perfect fighting machine that the Decepticons have. As a warrior he has no equal; as a weapon he has no restraints. His actions result from seemingly savage, animal instinct. Can lift 500 tons; reacts to any movement he sees within .002 seconds. Can generate protective electric field. Wields powerful X-ray laser cannon. Each foot houses twin mortar shell launchers. No known weaknesses.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 5
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 9
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


Predaking was and is close behind Devastator as the most-desired gestalt of all time. Partly it was because he just looked so huge, with an enormous chest, arms, and legs. (The unified black-yellow-orange-red color scheme helped his appearance quite a bit, too.) Mostly it was because of the size of his components--the Predacons were all full-size robots instead of minibots like the Constructicons or the smaller Aerialbots, and putting five of those together produced a doubly-large gestalt.

The Predacons were added to the cartoon near the end of "Five Faces of Darkness" and were used occasionally from there on. They never seemed to fight directly with the Dinobots, although they were clearly intended to be in contrast to them (moreso than the smaller and fewer Insecticons, anyway). Predaking was kicking butt right there with them, but he was sometimes overshadowed by the larger and more Godzilla-like Trypticon.

The tech spec claims that Predaking has .002-second reflexes, but the graph gives him a speed rating of only three. This sort of anomaly, unfortunately, isn't totally unusual.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.