Warning, this write up is sorta long so I suggest you grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage if you feel so inclined and sit back and enjoy the ride. Thank you.

Since I’m still suffering through the throes and embarrassment of being unemployed, I often find myself with too much time and my hands and not enough to do. To make things worse, this an election year, not just anyone of either, this times it’s for all the marbles. If for some reason, you’ve been living under a rock, there are two main candidates. Hillary Clinton represents the Democrats while Donald Trump represents the Republicans.

Admittedly, what follows is truly one-sided in nature. While’ I’m no fan of Mrs. Clinton and I think that given any other set of circumstances she would not be a viable candidate, there’s no denying (in my mind) that Mr. Trump is truly unqualified to hold the highest office in the land. I welcome any and all rebuttals from his supporters.

On Senator John McCain

He’s a war hero because he was captured, I like people who weren’t captured.”

For those of you who might not know, Mr. McCain was a naval aviator whose plane got shot down during the Vietnam War . He was subsequently captured and held as a POW for five and a half years during which he was subjected to torture that resulted in permanent damage to his arms. During his imprisonment, his captures offered him a chance to go home but Mr. McCain refused early release until the rest of his fellow POWS were released.

On Mexicans and illegal immigration

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Besides the whole nonsense of building a wall that Mexico will have to pay for there is no evidence that the Mexican government is “sending its people” over the borders. People come to this country for a variety of reasons and I would hazard to say that most are just trying to find a better way of life. It’s broad generalizations like Mr. Trumps that alienates the good from the bad by lumping them all together into one big mass.

On Women - a whole string of them

"You know, it doesn't really matter what they write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."
"All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected”.
Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting, both inside and out. If you take a look at her, she's a slob. How does she even get on television? If I were running The View, I'd fire Rosie. I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'
“It must be a pretty picture. You dropping to your knees”.
"26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only, 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?
"'You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her eyes and... wherever'

There are many more instances of Mr. Trump belittling women for one reason or another. Just ask his fellow Republican Ted Cruz when he posted an unflattering picture of his wife alongside that of a flattering one his own wife, Melania. (We’ll get to her later.) For me to keep expanding on them would seem like overkill and become redundant. Hopefully, what is here is enough to paint you a picture, if not, I suggest you do some more research on the matter.

On mocking a reporter with a disability

It’s been said that a picture is worth a thousand words. If that’s case then the video is worth much more than that so I’m not going to quote this. I’ll let the video speak for itself. In truth, there aren't enough adjectives in the English language to describe such behavior although abhorrent and disgusting come quickly to mind.

On the Russians in the Ukraine

"He's (Vladimir Putin) not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want,"

After being informed by the interviewer that the Russians were already there, Mr. Trump responded thusly.

"OK -- well, he's there in a certain way. But I'm not there. You have Obama there. And frankly, that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama with all the strength that you're talking about and all of the power of NATO and all of this. In the meantime, he's going away. He takes Crimea."

Not only does this show a complete lack of knowledge of foreign affairs, Mr. Trump did need not a CIA security briefing to clue him in, all he had to do was pick up a newspaper and know what most of the English speaking world already knew. Speaking of NATO.

On NATO

“ I would call up all of those countries . . . and say ‘fellas you haven’t paid for years, give us the money or get the hell out.’ I’d say you've gotta pay us or get out. You're out, out, out . . . Maybe NATO will dissolve, and that’s OK, not the worst thing in the world.”

See my comments on Mr. Trump and the Ukraine and you’ll see what a danger his lack of a coherent foreign policy means, only this time, on a much larger scale.

On the Second Amendment

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know,"

Besides there being no evidence whatsoever that Mrs. Clinton wants to abolish the Second Amendment and disregarding the fact that in order to amend the Constitution it take what’s is known as a “supermajority” of the states in order to do so. That means, rather than just a simple majority, both the House and the Senate would have to vote by a two thirds majority to pass the law before the President could sign it.

Beyond that, many people, myself included, inferred a certain ominous tone in the second part of Mr. Trump’s remarks. They seem to imply a veiled threat to his followers that they could act on their own to “do something” to stop Mrs. Clinton from banning something she never stated she wanted to ban in the first place. His rhetoric went so far as to raise the hackles of the United States Secret Service who reportedly contacted the Trump campaign and asked that they tone it down.

On the upcoming 2016 Presidential debates

""I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games, I got a letter from the NFL saying, 'This is ridiculous.'"
"

Ok, for you non Americans, we are a football crazy nation. For many of us, our Sundays revolve around the “big game” and all of the trappings that go along with it. There are parties planned and schedules changed and when it’s time for kickoff, the rest of the world might as well come to a grinding halt. All of that is well and good but there seems to be a problem with Mr. Trump’s logic. The NFL states that they never sent Mr. Trump a letter. Even if, God forbid, the games and the debates should occur simultaneously, it is this humble author’s opinion that the Republic, as fragile as it is, would survive.

On the founding of ISIS

"ISIS is honoring President Obama. He is the founder of ISIS. He is the founder of ISIS, okay? He is the founder. He founded ISIS. And I would say the cofounder would be crooked Hillary Clinton."

Once again, a rather outlandish claim but when given the opportunity by a conservative interviewer to clarify his statement, Mr. Trump, as he so often does, declined the wiggle room. He was sticking by his words and doubled down. Of course, a few days later after a media backlash, Mr. Trump laid the blame on the media themselves, claiming they just don’t get sarcasm. That lasted only another day or so until Mr. Trump said in a speech that he was only being somewhat sarcastic. (Is anybody as confused as I am?)

On the elections being rigged

"I'm afraid the election’s gonna be rigged, I have to be honest."
"the only way we can lose...is if cheating goes on"

This isn’t the first time that Mr. Trump has made these allegations. When asked to respond, President Obama replied that he didn’t really know how to respond and that it’s the first time that someone was accused of cheating before the game was over. Besides being patently absurd, for election fraud to take place on such a large scale basis would be logistically impossible.

I won’t even bother to get into the details of Mr. Trump’s blatant disrespect for a Gold Star Mother (who just happened to Muslim) who lost her son in the Iraq War. Naturally, the Trump campaign tried to shift the blame to President Obama and Mrs. Clinton by claiming that the reason her son was killed was because the rules of engagement were changed. That’s true, only they were changed back under President George W. Bush when her son was killed.

I don’t like bringing families into the equation but I can’t fail to mention the instance or perhaps, the irony of Melania Trump’s speech to the Republican National Convention. As it turns out, many parts of it were lifted from a speech given by, believe it or not, Michele Obama back in 2008 to the Democratic National Convention.

Here’s a few words of advice to Mr. Trump. Please try and measure your words before speaking them. Dismantle or unplug your Twitter account for not everything deserves a response, especially when it’s limited to xxx amount of characters. Please show strength when strength is needed but there is no reason to be the constant bully in the room. As far as compassion goes, please try and show some, even if you don’t feel it is warranted. Remember, you are running for the leadership of the free word, not auditioning for a spot on late night television. The world has enough insult comics.

Please stop acting like one.

In closing, I’ll try and keep this updated as events warrant. Anyone who holds an opposing opinion is free to respond to me in public or private and all private responses will remain confidential unless otherwise specified.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.