No reservations

This place is reserved. Would you like to take a number and wait?

This place is reserved. We keep it for only the best.

This place is reserved. Can’t you see you’re just not quiet and meek enough for us?

No room, no room, keep on moving around and around, spin around the table, dance around the world.

No, that spot is taken already. As I’ve said, we keep it only for the best.

Sorry, you don’t quite fit into the portrait we want. Could you pull your feet in a bit?

We like the reserved ones, the calm ones, those who are conservative and clean and quiet, who nod and accept, and let it all wash over them.

No room, no room, there are no reservations today, spill your heart out if you want, tell us all about yourself.

Are you our kind of person? Can you talk and walk and act, can you show us poise, can you put reserve judgement and hide behind the veneer of reserve?

No room, sorry, this place is reserved.

Re*served" (-z?rvd"), a.

1.

Kept for future or special use, or for an exigency; as, reserved troops; a reserved seat in a theater.

2.

Restrained from freedom in words or actions; backward, or cautious, in communicating one's thoughts and feelings; not free or frank.

To all obliging, yet reserved to all. Walsh.

Nothing reserved or sullen was to see. Dryden.

-- Re*serv"ed*ly (r-zrv"d-l), adv. -- Re*serv"ed*ness, n.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.