display | more...
Well...I'm not usually this conductive, I swear!

For the past three summers, I've worked for the Lockheed Martin Corporation as a technical specialist.  I sit at a desk typing happily at my computer during the day, and then I leave.  For the two or three hours after I depart my office, I get electric shocks whenever I touch just about anything.  Door knobs, car doors, people...my parents half-jokingly think I'm lying about my job and I actually spend eight hours a day getting shock treatment.

It doesn't happen on the weekends, and it doesn't happen when I sit at any other computer, so I'm pretty sure it's something at work.  I can't figure out what the hell it is.  It can't be my chair or my desk because they're non-conductive, so my guess is that there's a leak in my keyboard (or mouse?) and I'm slowly accumulating static electricity throughout the course of the day.

I don't know much about the electrical side of things, so my "expert" analysis stopped there. Any ideas?!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.