A duophonic analog synthesizer with a 44-note keyboard. Manufactured between 1978 and 1981.

The SH-7 features 2 VCOs, switchable between sawtooth, triangle, square, and pulse waveforms. VCO2 is detuneable from VCO1, which has an extra square wave section (VCO1B). A noise generator is also available, as well as a ring modulator with external input. The oscillators can be modulated manually, by the LFO or by one of the 2 ADSR envelope generators. A monophonic mode is featured for creating thick 2-VCO sounds.

For a filter, the SH-7 offers a self-oscillating 24dB/octave low-/high-pass VCF. It has modulation controls for ENV1, LFO / sample/hold, keyboard / pedal and VCO / noise.
The VCA features a hold function and can be modulated by either one of the EGs. The LFO offers sine, up-ramp and pulse waveforms and has controls for delay and rate. A sample/hold section is also present, with 3 waveform sources and output lag control.

Other features include a bender with flexible modulation routings (pitch/cutoff/VCA by CV/LFO), plus a mixer section for VCO1, VCO2, VCO1B, noise and ring modulator / external signal. A CV/gate interface is included for external control.


back to Roland

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.