Input is what a program shows the user or other programs. On Unix most out goes to stdout, though it can go else where like to lpr. Contrast with input.

Standard command on most TI Calcalators, commonly used in TI-Basic programs. (Note: The Program I/O screen doesn't exist on all TI Calculators (like the TI-83 for example), in which case it just prints on the main screen)

The Texas Instruments TI-89 User's Guide defines the command as follows:

Output

Displays exprOrString (an expression or
character string) on the Program I/O screen
at the next coordinates (row,column).

An expression can include conversion
operations such as ->DD and ->Rect. You can
also use the > operation to perform unit and
number base conversions.

If Pretty Print = ON, exprOrString is "pretty
printed."

From the Program I/O screen, you can press
F5 to display the Home screen, or a program
can use DispHome.
Supplied by the processor to a device for transfer to another form of representation.
The form of representation can be magnetic such as a tape or disk, or ink as in a printed page, or light and dark phosphors as in a video display.
It usually comes from the memory section after processing by the CPU.

Out"put` (?), n.

1.

The amount of coal or ore put out from one or more mines, or the quantity of material produced by, or turned out from, one or more furnaces or mills, in a given time.

2. Physiol.

That which is thrown out as products of the metabolic activity of the body; the egesta other than the faeces. See Income.

⇒ The output consists of: (a) The respiratory products of the lungs, skin, and alimentary canal, consisting chiefly of carbonic acid and water with small quantities of hydrogen and carbureted hydrogen. (b) Perspiration, consisting chiefly of water and salts. (c) The urine, which is assumed to contain all the nitrogen truly excreted by the body, besides a large quantity of saline matters and water. Foster.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.