#All the runs that Ronny does are winding
And all the goals that Ronny scores are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how
But maybe, are you gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my Rosenthal...#
(To the tune of Wonderwall by Oasis)

Israeli association football 'star' Ronny Rosenthal was born on the 11th October 1963 in Haifa, Isreal. Rarely has one man divided public opinion as much as "The Rocket"...

In a ten year professional career Ronny played for Standard Liege and Luton Town before becoming infamous in spells at Liverpool (bought for £1m) and Tottenham Hotspur, finally winding down his career at Watford. As mentioned before, it was at Anfield he became a well known figure, mainly for his mazy dribbles to the corner flag. It was playing for Liverpool when he hit the headlines for the "Worst Miss Ever" (as voted for by Total Football) - hitting the bar when faced with an open goal against Aston Villa.

Villified by fans at Liverpool and Spurs, Ronny finally became an icon at Watford where he formed a dream partnership with Jason Lee before finally retiring at the end of the 1998/9 season.

Ronny averaged over 1 goal every 6 games, an reasonable record for a player often used only as a substitute. Since his retirement he has become an football agent.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.