S Club (there ain't no party like an S Club party)

Gonna show you how (everybody get down tonight)
S Club (there ain't no party like an S Club party)
Gonna take you high (shake your body from side to side

(from S Club Party, 2000)

S Club 7 is a "manufactured" pop group (think The Monkees, Bardot) from Britain, made up of 7 members who were chosen from over 10,000 hopefuls by Simon Fuller in 1999. The group has recorded two albums, 7 and S Club, and currently stars in the series LA 7.

The members*

  1. Paul "Turn the music up" Cattermole
    D.O.B: March 7th, 1977
    Likes: The Great Gatsby, his ear lobes, Sandra Bullock.
  2. Bradley "Uh, will someone turn that alarm off?" McIntosh
    D.O.B: August 8th, 1981
    Likes: Hanging out at Burger King, computer games
  3. Rachel "Just put it on my credit card" Stevens
    D.O.B: April 9th, 1978 Likes: R & B, football, the smell of freshly baked bread
  4. Hannah "Right, what shall we do now?" Spearritt
    D.O.B: April 1st, 1981
    Likes: Leonardo diCaprio and parties
  5. Jo "A bloke who's funny and short" O'Meara
    D.O.B: April 28th, 1979
    Likes: Steak, chips, R &B
  6. Tina "This song is great to dance to" Barrett
    D.O.B: September 16th, 1976
    Likes: Playing pool, Puff Daddy, shopping
  7. John "Can I bring Molly to the party?" Lee
    D.O.B: April 26th, 1982
    Likes: His hair, reading books
* The "middle names" listed here are what the members say they are "Most likey to say"

Miami 7 and LA 7

The show Miami 7 is about a band living in Florida, trying to make it in the cut-throat world of pop music. The program features the songs on S Club album in a clever piece of cross-marketing. The show became the top-rated kids' program in the UK at the same time their debut single "Bring It All Back" hit the top of the charts. The show was broadcast in early 2000.

LA 7 is based on a similar idea (actually the same idea) but is set in Los Angeles (surprisingly enough). The songs are from the newer album, 7, and have a more R&B and soul sound than the perkier and poppier S Club. The first single of 7 is "Reach", which is the theme song to the program.

Trivia and rumours

  • 2000: S Club 7 won a Brit award for Best British Newcomer.
  • The three males in the group were arrested for marijuana possession in Covent Garden, London, in March 2000, according to NME and various tabloids. Apparently, John Lee said "It was serious and we regret it. We weren't trying to get Hear'say off the front pages"
  • Rumours (from MTV) abound that the eldest members (Paul, Tina and Rachel) are to be replaced soon, because the young target audience can't relate to them anymore.
info from http://www.sclub7.dabsol.co.uk/ and www.sing365.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.