Saulo Ribeiro started his training in Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu in 1992 under Royler Gracie, the son of Jiu-Jitsu legend Helio Gracie, at the Gracie Humaitá(Gracie Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). Just three years after he began training, Saulo received his black belt on November 27, 1995. Saulo's journey has led him to seek out and train with many legends of the Jiu-Jitsu world, as well as creating his own highly regarded technique and grappling style. Saulo is the author of Jiu-Jitsu University, where he thoroughly explains his revolutionary system of grappling, and shares his insight on more than 200 techniques. More than just your ordinary instructional book, the Jiu-Jitsu University is a unique training manual that will ultimately increase your ability, no matter if you are a beginner or advanced practitioner, as well as change the way Jiu-Jitsu is taught around the globe.

Saulo Ribeiro has accomplished "more on the mat" than any other fighter in history. He holds an astounding 6 Gold medals at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships in Brazil and has also won 2 Abu Dhabi Submission Grappling Championships. Saulo is also the head instructor at the world famous Jiu-Jitsu University in San Diego, CA, alongside brother Xande Ribeiro. Saulo and Xande take pride in focusing on the traditional values such as attitude, discipline, family, honor and respect. Saulo's competition titles include:

  • 6 time Gold Medalist - World Jiu-Jitsu Championship: 1996, 97, 98, 99, 2000 and 2002
  • 2 time ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship: 2000, 2003
  • 2 time Gold Medalist - Brazilian National Championships: 1995, 1998
  • 2 time Gold Medalist - Rio de Janeiro State BJJ Champion
  • 1 time Gold Medalist - World No Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship: 2008
  • 2 time Silver Medalist Absolute Division - World Jiu-Jitsu Championship: 2001, 2002


Saulo has made a huge impact on the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu community and he is a great inspiration for anyone wanting to be the best they possibly can and always strive to do better and most importantly, in a positive and meaningful way. His accomplishments have shown that if you believe in yourself, you can achieve goals that you never thought were possible. Even though he is no longer competing, his teachings and memories will always be a part of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world and he has truly shown that there are no limits to what a person can achieve.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.