"Ethics" is a very misused term in the cult of Scientology. Initially introduced (the Flag Order follows below) into the Sea Org in 1968, ethics, while obstensibly a code of conduct and discipline, exists as a justification for human rights violations. Crew were put into a chain-locker as punishment. A chain-locker is "a dark hole where the anchor chains are stored; cold, wet and rats," to quote one ex-Sea Org officer. A crew member that was put on ethics could spend up to two weeks in the tiny hole. Former Scientologists who served as crew together with Hubbard in the early years remember a five years old deaf and mute child being locked up in the chain-locker. Hubbard said she was not to leave the chain locker until she completed the formula by writing her name. Another witness claims that a three-year-old was once put in the locker.

Such violations of human rights are coupled with Scientology's Fair Game policy, and the dreaded Rehabilitation Project Force, or "RPF".


SEA ORGANISATION

FLAG ORDER 909
5 October 1982

HCO Policy Letter
18 June 1968

ETHICS

The purpose of Ethics is:

TO REMOVE COUNTER-INTENTIONS FROM THE ENVIRONMENT.

And having accomplished that the purpose becomes

TO REMOVE OTHER-INTENTIONEDNESS FROM THE ENVIRONMENT.

Thus progress can be made by all

Many mechanisms can exist to mask a counter-intention

One has an intention to expand the org. An "expert" says it is difficult as "The building society...." The impules is to then handle the problem presented by the "expert," whereas the correct ETHICS actions is to remove his counter-intentionedness or other-intentionedness. If he were an EXPERT he would simply say, "Okay. I'll handle my end of the expansion."

There are many ways to handle counter- and other-intentionedness

There is a fine lin between Ethics and Tech

The point where a thetan goes mad is very exact. It is the point where he begins to obsessively stop something. From this the effort becomes generalized and he begins to stop lots of other things. When this includes anyone who or anything that would help him as well as thos people and things that help, the being is suppressive. His intentions counter any other intention, particularly good intentions.

Other-intentionedness comes from unawareness or dispersal. It is handled by removing things which disperse others. Offering bottled medicine to cure "the blues" is a direct distraction. It is the purveyor of the distraction who is the target.

The person who enters a Scientology group to then sell other-answer is of course an enemy.

However we go about accomplishing the above is the action of ethics. The above is the purpose.

L. RON HUBBARD
COMMODORE

Adopted as official
Church policy by
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
INTERNATIONAL

LRH:CS :pt iw.sk.gm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.