A song from The Who's Tommy, sung after Tommy becomes "deaf, dumb, and blind" no more and realises that he's happy as he is, and tells the his followers that they shoulden't try to be like him. He pleads with someone, although unclear who, to "see me, feel me, touch me, heal me." I've never thought of this as Tommy asking his followers to do so. I see it as he's trying for contact, but he doesn't know what. Sadly, to me, even Tommy doesn't realise that what you need is nothing you can see or feel or touch.

The chorus' response is a reflection of how they consider him a "Messiah". Yeah, they really don't get it either. However, when you're at a Who concert and they are singing it to you, and you in turn are singing it to them...it's quite a beautiful thing. The Who were very much fond of audience participation, as shown in the failed project Lifehouse-cum-Who's Next.

It was released as a single, but it's taken from We're Not Gonna Take It.

Tommy:
See me, Feel me, Touch me, Heal me
see me, feel me, touch me, heal me
see me, feel me, touch me, heal me
see me, feel me, touch me, heal me

Chorus:
listening to you, I get the music
gazing at you, I get the heat
following you, I climb the mountain
I get excitement at your feet
right behind you, I see the millions on you
I see the glory from you
I get opinions from you
I get the story...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.