To nobody's surprise, the third anniversary of the death and destruction at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon is approaching. The day that the United States' war of terrorism began (or at least the excuse for it).

Now this country is engaged in open-ended war abroad and at home. In the midst of a Presidential election campaign, both George W. Bush and John Kerry are on the record as supporting this war, and more of it as they find necessary, Bush even proudly taking advantage of his incumbency to proclaim himself the "War President".

Michael Badnarik, Libertarian candidate for president, is proudly a "Peace Candidate" and wants to show the world that there are plenty of Americans who don't agree with this war agenda. In memory of the innocents killed that day, his campaign site is going to have a page listing all donations between now and then ending with nine dollars and eleven cents. Whether it's $9.11 or $1,999.11 they will all be there, and hopefully that page will get ridiculously long.

Even if you wouldn't "waste your vote" on the Libertarian, you can tell the establishment and the world that what they claim to be doing in your name, they are not. Please visit https://badnarik.org and spend a minute and a few dollars remembering, and sending a very important message.

Thank you.

Last Wednesday when Hurricane Francis was bearing down on central Florida I decided it was time to evacuate before everybody else filled up the roads. After packing up my own belongings in Orlando I went to Titusville for the night to help my grandparents shut down their house, and the next morning we made the trip north to Macclenney, a little town frozen in time near Jacksonville. The small town located near an I-10 offramp had a Days Inn (where we stayed along with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins), three fast food places, and a Wal-Mart. With nothing to do except wait for the storm to pass, we killed time with television and my cousin's XBox. I was even fortunate enough to have my own upstairs suite. The weather finally moved into the area on Saturday night, with a tornado taking out the electricity on Sunday afternoon. After moving out at 3:00am this morning I am glad to say I am back home. There is no damage to my apartment, I have power, and things are starting to get back to normal.

Now then, on to Hurricane Ivan.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.