Skyfire is interesting as a character in the Transformers series as well as an action figure. In the comics and as a toy, Skyfire is actually referred to as Jetfire.

Skyfire history in series

In the series, Skyfire used to be a Decepticon and apparently good friends with Starscream of all people. Skyfire transforms into a fighter/transport plane and is capable of interstellar travel. He is a scientist by heart. In the series, millions of years before present, Starscream and Skyfire are charting Earth, but find no intelligent life. While investigating closer near the north pole, he is caught in strong cross winds and becomes entrapped in ice. Starscream could not rescue him. Millions of years later, on Earth, the Decepticons discover Skyfire. He is revived and is accepted into the ranks. During confrontations with the Autobots, Skyfire has a moral dilemma upon realizing the true nature of the present day Decepticons and switches alliances. The former Decepticon is now an Autobot.

The toy

The toy is quite interesting in that it looks identically like the Robotech Veritech fighter. In fact it is identical to the VF-1S Super Valkyrie. When Skyfire was introduced, Hasbro decided to use the Macross valkryrie. The figure was named Jetfire and the same valkryries made by Bandai and Matsushiro were used. The Matsushiro Jetfires actually have the U.N. Spacey logo on the left wing. The Jetfires are big collector items these days.

Tech spec

Function: Air Guardian
Group: Autobot
" Among mysteries of science lies the key to victory. "

Strength:      6
Intelligence: 10
Speed:        10
Endurance:     4
Rank:         10
Courage:       9
Firepower:     7
Skill:         9

Swiftest Autobot. Daring in battle... believes victory will come via
technological advancement. Adds twin scramjet modules and liquid
hydrogen fuel tanks to escape Earth's gravity. Flies halfway around
the world in 30 minutes. Carries 4 particle-beam cannons and
heat-seeking photon missiles. Prone to mechanical failures due to
advanced technology.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.