Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AX016
Rarity:2 Common
Year of Release: 1982

This Activision title for the Atari 2600 was a first person viewpoint outer space shoot em up. Similar to the arcade version of Star Wars, (without the vector graphics). A decent game, but nothing terribly original.

This game is a a good addition to any Atari collection.

You could get a patch from Activision if you got a high enough score in this game there were 4 different patches for this game, (depending on score). The first patch was awarded at 3,800, the second at 5,700, the third at 7,600, and the final patch at 9,000 points.

From the instruction manual:
"You must protect your starbases by destroying all invading enemy starfighters before they destroy you or your starbases. You must accomplish your mission quickly, using the least amount of energy, sustaining the least damage. Succeed, and you will be rewarded. Fail, and you will be destroyed. The destiny of the galaxy is in your hands."
Alan Miller is the programmer on this title.

This game is valued at around $2 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.