The Sunshine MINIs is a loosely knit organization of MINI owners from the state of Florida. They meet periodically to compare MINI accessories and to trade tips on maintenance and performance enhancements.

Sunshine MINIs was founded in February 2003 by a few MINI owners that wanted to form a club that would bring together MINI owners from all walks of life. Since it was started, the website www.sunshineminis.org has gained over 400 members.

The last gathering was in St. Augustine in March. At this event a silent auction and a raffle were held to raise money for a children's hospital in Jacksonville and over $2,000 was raised.

Other gatherings that have taken place include a trip to Key West in September 2003, a scavenger hunt in Hollywood, FL in November 2003, a trip to Islands of Adventure in August and many others.

Some future gatherings include a trip to Deals Gap, NC where the MINIs will attempt to tame the "Dragon" which is a long twisty road famous for it's vomit inducing curves and the smell of hot tires. There will be a Chili cook off, a parade and a big welcome party when all the MINI show up. MINIs from all over the country are coming from as far away as California.

Another gathering coming up is the Ft. Lauderdale MINIs 2nd Birthday party on May 15th and then in June there is a Drive Thru Event where we will go see a drive-in movie in our MINIs and maybe try to eat at a sonic or some other drive-in type place.

Anyone is welcome to join the club! All that you need to do is register for an account on the website and start showing up to events! You don't need to have a MINI, you just need to WANT one. You don't even have to be from Florida! We have people posting on the site from Germany and The Netherlands.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.