A music venue in Glasgow, Scotland, it's full name is the Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, but is usually referred to the Barrowlands, or the Barras. Originally the venue played host to small-time local bands, who played for people to dance to (hence Ballroom).

The venue itself has a capacity of 1900 standing, and is generally used for rock/pop concerts. It is situated in the East end of Glasgow, and the main choice of venue when small to medium sized bands (occasionally large) tour the UK, and decide to venture up into Scotland.

Bands that have played there during the last year or so have been: Slipknot, Pantera, Papa Roach, Slayer, Skid Row, Smashing Pumpkins, Sisters of Mercy, Eminem, The Offspring.

Larger bands will more often play at the SECC (Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre), such as Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Green Day, and Offspring (on their last visit to Scotland).

It is also reputed to be one of the best venues in the world, with its friendly crowds, and magic atmosphere - Voted 2nd Best small venue in Europe, Best Venue in Britain (by BBC Radio 1 poll by over 60 bands). The Offspring described it as the best venue they'd been to in their Americana tour.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.