"The Witch in the Window" is a 2018 indie horror film, written and directed (and scored) by Andy Mitton. It is a horror film, telling the story of a father, Simon (played by Alex Draper) who is taking his son, Finn (played by Charles Everett Tacker) for the summer. Finn got into some trouble on the internet, of a manner that we don't know. Simon is flipper of houses, and has bought a rambling house in a state of disrepair in Vermont. He learns from a neighbor that the house isn't just in disrepair---that a cruel women who scared the neighbors lived there, before dying in front of a picture window, her body looking out on the street for weeks. After this is revealed, Simon and Finn notice weird noises and sites around the house, and the viewer of the film sees the ghost of the "Witch" hovering just out of sight, as yet unnoticed by Simon or Finn.

And that is where I stopped watching. Might go back to it later. Or might go back to something else entirely. Not sure yet.

Like so much else of my media, I bought this at The Dollar Tree, and thought it might be a nice, schlocky addition to Horrorquest, as I had last year. Hmmm. Nope. So far, with only a few shots of a man and a boy walking around an old farm house, with the only supernatural element being an old woman in the background, I have decided I have other things to do with Halloween.

Apparently, the maker of this film, Andy Mitton, is a graduate of Middlebury College, and the star of the movie, Alex Draper, is a professor of theater there. Also, Mitton's specialty is...musical theater. So yes, some theater geeks from a liberal arts college in Vermont managed to make me so scared I could only get 30 minutes into their movie. For now. Maybe I will return. On a brighter day.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.