Toys in Babeland is a great store (in New York City and Seattle) that sells sex toys and everything else that makes for better sex and masturbation. Unlike the sex shop dives around Times Square, Toys in Babeland is made with women in mind, with an intimate environment with friendly folks who give great advice. Both branches in New York and Seattle also hold workshops on using sex toys safely, sex from a women's point of view, and Tristan Taormino teaching the fun and details of anal sex.

One of my favorite sections of the New York branch is the tables of sex toys. You can turn on the vibrators (like the Pocket Rocket and the Hitachi Magic Wand), figure out if any of the dildos or buttplugs are right for you (touch, but not try!).

You can also check out the magazines, comic books, and books on sex advice. It's way better to buy them here than big-ass places like the Virgin Megastore.

By the way, if you see something that looks like a soup ladle, it's not. It's an attachment for the Magic Wand.

Addresses:

  1. Seattle: 707 E. Pike Street, Seattle WA 98122 Phone: (206)-328-2914 Fax: (206)-328-2994
  2. New York: 94 Rivington Street, New York NY 10002 Phone: (212)-375-1701 Fax: (212)-375-1706

Web site: http://www.babeland.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.