Unsubscribe in the context of a mailing list is the act of removing your email address from the list, either by way of an email to the list itself, or by going to the mailing list website. Instructions on how to remove yourself from the list should have been sent when you joined.

The method of unsubscribing from a list via email may vary depending on the software used to manage the list. When you originally joined the list, a help email was most likely sent to you with a list of the commands you could send back to the software. For example, to unsubscribe from a list powered by mlmmj, send an email to mailinglist+unsubscribe@domain.com, replacing mailinglist with the list name. A confirmation email will be sent, and after a response to the confirmation email, you are removed from the list. Other list software may require you to send an email to a specific address and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your email.

If the list management software has a web interface, you would go to that address and follow the steps presented. In most cases, it's just a matter of putting in your email address, selecting the unsubscribe option, and clicking the submit button. A confirmation email may be sent to your address, and after following the instructions contained within, you will be unsubscribed from the list.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.