Uzi Nissan was born on 18 August 1951 in Jerusalem, Israel. Nissan has always been his name. He immigrated to the United States in 1976. He is presently a resident in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the US, he became a businessman and used his own name for the businesses. The first was Nissan Foreign Car Mobile Repair Service in 1980. At the time, the Nissan automobile manufacturing company in Japan was operating under the name Datsun in the United States. In 1981, Datsun sold a car antenna to Nissan Foreign Car and thus acknowledged his company's existence in the US prior to it doing business in the US under the name Nissan.

In 1991, Uzi Nissan created Nissan Computer Corp in North Carolina. In 1992, Datsun (now Nissan) was sued for naming a car Altima by a computer firm by the same name. Datsun's (now Nissan) defense? That is under judicial seal and not available to the public. In 1994, Uzi Nissan registered nissan.com and created a website to promote his computers and computer services on the internet. In 1996, Uzi Nissan registered www.nissan.net and began offering internet connectivity services. In 1999, Datsun (now Nissan) sued Uzi Nissan for $10 million dollars for cyber squatting on the www.nissan.com domain. In April 2002, Uzi Nissan was found in favor of the cyber squatting claim and the "dilution" claim sent to trial.

On 14 November 2002, www.nissan.com was ruled to be used for non-commercial purposes by the United States District Court in Los Angeles, CA.

More information about Nissan's lawsuit with Uzi Nissan can be found at www.ncchelp.org


info from: www.ncchelp.org & wired.com & salon.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.