Unfortunately, some vegetarian
meals suffer from chickpea-stew-itis
, a condition in which not particularly interesting ingredients are combined in a lucklustre way that crushes the spirit
and discourages original thinking
. A common mode of upgrading
a brown gack
meal is to just melt some cheese on it. Unfortunately, melting cheese on ratatouille
just turns a range of colours into brown gack. Not that there's anything wrong with that
. But perhaps some other option
s might be fun.
As well, it can be difficult for people to have a sense of how one dish might go with another to create a complete meal. For example: "I like rice, I like pizza and I like peanut butter. Uhhhhhh.... This doesn't taste that good."
I've posted a number of nodes to address this serious problem. The intention is to provide an overview of a complete meal, describing procedures and ingredients, but without dictating quantities.
These nodes are intended to just be triggers for your inner pompous 5 star chef with a waxed moustache to jump out and say, "Allo, allo! Now wouldan't some wild mush-ruums LIghtlee saut-éed in NORMANdy BUTter wiz a bit of rrroose-maree liven up zat biwl of microwaved rize? AH! We have NO wild mush-ruums! ZOOT ALORS! So perhaps next tahm you do ze SHOPpeeng you maybe buy at LEast some CREmini, henh? Okay. Let's see what we do have..." And to just have more fun with food. Substitute whatever you want. Work with what you have. Try new things, new ingredients.
The first was "A Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack". I have hundreds of these things and they have been "tested" on hundreds of people, none of whom died, most of whom raved, some of whom tried the menus at home with some success. So when I posted the next it was called "Another Vegetarian..." And the next "Another Another..." Ack! So, in order to keep going and without getting into titling nodes "Another Another Another Another Another Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack", this metanode will set the tone for the various newer nodes and I can call them whatever makes sense.
Some other relevant nodes will also appear here, though not those on sushi and so on.
- A Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack
- Another Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack
- Another Another Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack
- All Hail Lord Seitan!
an informational node that also provides a way to summon seitan in your own home
- Lord Seitan With Pasta and Mushrooms
- Tatties and ‘Kraut, Garlic Soup, Asparagus 'Slaw
- Penne with Chipotle Tofu, Vinegared Cabbages, Peppers and Onion
- Rice Noodles With Pea Greens, Sesame Tofu, Peppers And Snap Peas
- Noodles With Fresh Herbs, Red-Cooked Mushrooms, Stir-Fried Fennel
- Yet Another Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack
- Fennel Salad and Crostini
- Hasselbachs, Crimson Tofu, and Cabbage
- Parsley Risotto, Roasted Garlic and Squash Soup, Red Cabbage with Flageolets
- Vegetarian Fish and Chips with Cream of Tomato Soup
- Yet Another Another Vegetarian Meal That Isn't Just Brown Gack
- Double Sauced Rigatoni with a Pea Green and Pigeon Peas Salad
- "Craft Dinner": a new approach to macaroni and cheese for ailie
- White and Wild Rice with Adzuki Beans, Daikon and Kombu Soup, Greens with Mushrooms and Pine Nuts
- Polenta w Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Roasted Monster Mushrooms, Salad of Fresh Peas and Onions
- Gemelli Chopped Salad, Corn Bisque, Swiss Chard
- Ramen With Slivered Peppers, Bamboo Soup, Amaranth Salad
- Pasta in Raw Tomato Sauce, Warm Herbed Bean Salad, Bok Choy Stuffed With Cheeses