British derogatory slang for a swarthy foreigner. Said to be an acronym for "worthy oriental gentleman".

audited 7/24/00 by ModernAngel

Here in Australia 'wog' refers to persons of Mediterranean descent (Greek, Italian, Lebanese, etc). Stereotypically, they love dance music, R&B, leather jackets and souped up cars and live with their parents. They're favourite saying is "Siiiiick mate." This stereotype has been exploited wisely by Nick Gianopolous in numerous plays (Wogs Out of Work, Wogorama, Wogboys) and most recently in a number one box office hit in Australia called The Wogboy.

Increasing in Australia, wog has become a mark of pride in one's ethnic origins. Nowadays, it's used more in the context of "wog pride". So one can say, "I'm a wog" to mark oneself as being from a non-anglo-saxon background and proud of it.

British Slang-
A disparaging term for someone of African decent.

Scientology slang-
Used by members of The Church of Scientology to categorize those whom are not members of the church. A deregatory term; meaning one who is an inferior for not being a Scientologist. Scientologists see themselves as above humanity, so this term is also used to mean all "Humans".
See raw meat. See homo sapien.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.