This is the operating system
that is optimized for the Octium IV
processor, as seen in the pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen
. As with real OSes, its company, E-com-con Corporation
, inflates its features and ignores its bugs. According to one of the Lone Gunmen, it crashed his machine (can be found on the defaced web site, given later). E-com-con Corporation
even boasts that it will trounce Microsoft Windows
. Some features include:
- XUI (eXtreme (tm) user interface), built on advanced microkernel architecture
- Pre-emptive, pro-constructive, digitally-enhanced multitasking (the buzzwords! the buzzwords!)
- Individually threaded, integrated QRT support via the H-Bomb (tm) digital streaming protocol
- Watson 8.0 specialized multimedia search protocol
- Spelunker (tm) native web browser (but does it support IE and NS plug-ins?)
- Exclusive Houdini (tm) DUN SSL ultra-secure file encryption (from the looks of the company's security on Sunday's episode, I wouldn't put too much faith in this)
You can find out more about this revolutionary (?) new operating system at http://www.e-com-con.com/ Look under Products.
As an aside, does anyone else see this as extraordinarily close to Windows XP? Does art imitate life, or does life imitate art? Rather spooky, if you ask me.