In The Guyver manga, anime and films, a Zoanoid is a person that has been mutated, allowing them to change into a large monster.

Zoanoids are created by the corporation Chronos. Chronos has been working to insert zoanoids into the higher positions in corporations and government, with the intention of one day activating them and taking control of the world!

Some of the more popular Zoanoids from the manga/anime series include:
  • Gregole: A green zoanoid with great strength.
  • Vamore: A red zoanoid with bioweapons on it's shoulders.
  • Ramochise: A large monkey like zoanoid.
  • Hyper Zoanoid Team 5: Five Special Zoanoids created as an elite group of warriors.
  • Enzyme: A zoanoid with Acidic blood that can eat through the Guyvers armour.
  • Enzyme II: Original created from Guyver's father, Enzyme II is much more powerful than the original Enzyme.
  • The Lost Unit: Three experimental zoanoids that have a tendancy to play by their own rules.
  • Aptom: The leader of the Lost Unit, Aptom can shapeshift into any form he chooses (including other Zoanoids and can even appear as the Guyver himself!).

In addition to these regular Zoanoids, there are 12 Zorlords, who lead the Chronos group and have the power to control other zoanoids. The three most mentioned Zorlords are:
  • Gyou: Gyou quickly takes over the Japan Branch of Chronos when the Guyver Units are activated. He is a powerful Zorlord that we never see the alternate form of in the Anime or the Films (only in the Manga).
  • Dr. Balcus: Dr. Balcus runs a secret mountain base that could be considered the heart of the Chronos operation. He also has the power to control Zoanoids with his mind, in a much more pronounced way than Gyou.
  • Murakami: Murakami is a prototype Zorlord that escaped from Chronos before he was completed. He also has the power to control zoanoids and has a powerful Zorlord form. However, due to his prototype form, his powers as a Zorlord quickly fail. As a human, he has a tendancy to carry a zoanoid buster pistol, which he uses to great effect.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.