Counterclockwise; that is, rotating in a manner opposite the way the hands on an analog clock move as time progresses forward. No information on whether the terms switch in the event of a temporal reversal.

The use is chiefly British, while Americans prefer "counterclockwise."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.