A prostitute or lewd woman; a very homely or slatternly woman.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950
In the UK, esp. Scotland Beast has a couple of meanings.

The first is a derogatory term for the police. The second means someone who molests children.

I'm only telling you the local definitions here, not drawing ana parallels.

In Marvel comics, Beast is one of the original X-Men. The other four were Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, and Iceman. Originally Beast (AKA Doctor Henry McCoy) was just a normal man, though very broad and agile. Despite his appearence, he was very intelligent and well spoken. Later while performing experiments he would accidently turn himself into a real beast, growing blue hair everywhere. This is how he was portrayed in the animated series.

Beast remains an X-Man to this very day, though he is more often seen in the lab than the battlefield.

Beast was originally going to be in Bryan Singer's X-Men movie, but the makeup effects were determined to be too expensive. Most of Beast's role in the plot was instead given to Jean Grey.

Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world. Designed by Dinn Corp. and built by Paramount’s Kings Island (PKI) for $4,000,000, Beast opened in PKI on April 14, 1979. Beast was built using 650,000 board feet of Southern pine lumber and was stained with a redwood finish. The total track length is an astounding 7400’ with a ride time somewhere between 3:40 and 4:20 depending on a variety of factors (including who is doing the timing).

Riders are in for a treat right off the bat as they stand in line. Beast was designed for the terrain that exists behind the park’s property. In fact, much of Beast is on rented land and in such a creation the ride is hidden from view. Easily 90% of the ride is invisible from a person waiting with growing anticipation in line. Throughout the first stretch of the coaster from the first lift hill until the second, there are three natural tunnels that give the ride an even more natural feeling, as they are partially underground. After the second lift hill, and 141’ drop, riders experience “the helix”, one of the most famous features of Beast. This giant double helix is taken at such great speeds and angles, coupled with the wooden structure surrounding the helix; it creates a runaway train feeling and makes the rider feel certain they are about to meet their demise. This, in my opinion, is one of the single greatest coaster effects out there.

Statistics of Beast
  • Height: 105’
  • Drop: First drop 135’, Second lift hill drop 141’
  • Max Speed: 64.8 mph
  • Duration: Debatable, between 3:40 and 4:20
  • Angle of Drop: 45 degrees
  • Length: 7400’

Resources include roller coaster database and enough ride experiences to give me nightmares of the helix to last a lifetime.

Beast (?), n. [OE. best, beste, OF. beste, F. bete, fr. L. bestia.]

1.

Any living creature; an animal; -- including man, insects, etc.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

2.

Any four-footed animal, that may be used for labor, food, or sport; as, a beast of burden.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast. Prov. xii. 10.

3.

As opposed to man: Any irrational animal.

4.

Fig.: A coarse, brutal, filthy, or degraded fellow.

5.

A game at cards similar to loo.

[Obs.]

Wright.

6.

A penalty at beast, omber, etc. Hence: To be beasted, to be beaten at beast, omber, etc.

Beast royal, the lion. [Obs.]

Chaucer.

Syn. -- Beast, Brute. When we use these words in a figurative sense, as applicable to human beings, we think of beasts as mere animals governed by animal appetite; and of brutes as being destitute of reason or moral feeling, and governed by unrestrained passion. Hence we speak of beastly appetites; beastly indulgences, etc.; and of brutal manners; brutal inhumanity; brutal ferocity. So, also, we say of a drunkard, that he first made himself a beast, and then treated his family like a brute.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.