In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, our hero Arthur Dent switched on the Infinite Improbability Drive to escape the oncoming SAM missiles.

Unfortunately, as a side effect the Improbability Drive turned the two missiles into a very-surprised looking whale above the planet, and a bowl of petunias, both plumetting toward the ground. While the whale fell, it was wondering what was happening until it hit the planet of Magrathea with a splat.

"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the Universe than we do now."

Spoilage warning for the rest of the series::
Actually, the bowl of Petunias had the soul of Agrajag who Arthur kept accidentally killing over and over. This just happened to be the last straw, where Agrajag swore to reincarnate himself one more time to confront and kill Dent. The whale and Agrajag were soul brothers, and the drive yanked them back into reality, just to kill them again.

Unfortunately, he reincarnated too early in time, and confronted Dent before he went to Stavromula Beta and accidentally killed Agrajag again. (He ducked from an assasin's shot and hit a bystander, Agrajag)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.