- / +

  • Traveling through the winter woods, possibly by sled. There was another gray cat and I was terrified it would get mine pregnant. I tried to figure out a force field for him.

  • I wasn't allowed to talk to edebroux but I tapped on the window and she looked up smiling. She was exhausted of course but beautiful. Her baby was a little brown boy and threw his fists around. His eyes were open and he knew what he was looking at.

  • I was describing things right; it was second nature. I was blessed by many kinds of love.

  • What size is that? I asked in wonder, looking at the bra he held. It was massive. Before he could check the tag the woman behind me yelled "44 Loud! I'm black and I'm proud!" I was jealous.

  • Lying on my back in the grass in a circle with a bunch of my kids. J. Michael was to my left and laughing, having a wonderful time. We all shifted to the right and bumped into each other and laughed. Someone started a water balloon game and I ducked out, but not before throwing a sheet over Patrick's head. I ran; I knew he would chase me. I hid in my parents' house, which was dark - I knew his eyes would take a minute to readjust when he came in, so I didn't really have to hide, just wait in the shadows. While I waited I went through the checks I needed to deposit. They were all on neon paper. My mother walked by and wanted to talk about something that embarassed me. I waved her away.

  • Touring the frathouse. A huge chamber I wasn't supposed to see, with a fireman's pole in the middle, extending up to where I couldn't see it anymore, hundreds of feet high. It had to do with some foul ritual, and I was repulsed.

  • I called my big sister for help. My voice had gotten older.

  • I was headed to an assembly at my high school, but the halls were confusingly rearranged. I came near familiar faces, such as the immortal Fr. Hagan, but before I could ask for directions, I slipped on freshly waxed tiles. Eventually I gained entrance to a high walkway above the gymnasium where people were filing in. I realized that they had already sealed the doors below, so this was my only hope of getting down there. The way down was blocked with a sloping wall of bare electric cables. In front of me, a red-haired girl in a black trenchcoat (I don't know her, but she looked like my mental picture of yenrab) vaulted the wires with ease and dropped down. I hesitantly stepped up onto the wires, but as soon as I touched with both my feet and my hands, I received a tingling jolt. The least shocking way would be to ride down the wires and reach the bottom as quickly as possible.

  • My family was caught in our next-door neighbors' yard when a thunderstorm began. We held on for our lives, grabbing hold of grass and anything else at hand, as tornadoes began to spiral down from the clouds. Some looked real; others were just little cones of cloud detached from the sky above. Someone wanted to go into the house, but I shouted that it would be too dangerous if they didn't make it to the basement. I managed to hold on to some thick weeds, and so remained earthbound even as my feet kicked up into the air--but my parents and little brother went flying. They soon fell to earth in the yard (ala FFVIII's Tornado spell), and rolled around groaning. The tornado warning sirens, useless because everyone could see the twisters for themselves, played A Night on Bald Mountain. Afraid of the next wave, I looked up at the oily black clouds, but thankfully they swept beyond our house, and it was over. Nathan Tower (someone from my Chinese class) came up the street, riding a bicycle so rusty and old it was about to fall apart. I asked him how many had hit his house. His first reply was nonsensical, but when he realized I was talking about tornadoes, he said, "Oh, only 14 or 17."

  • It was the last day of school. I had to teach a Morality class that was holed up in an outdoor bunker. I feebly argued the idea of chastity, and while the students were attentive, I couldn't stay in place on the slippery grass of the hill. I even ended up in the bunker behind ours at one point. When the bell rang I was relieved, until I saw the real Morality teacher nodding gravely at me. I hurried to another bunker for a Chinese class party, but ended up making my teacher's daughter roll on the floor with laughter by mixing up Chinese units of time with units of money. Next I went to Calculus class, where at least a hundred people were crammed into a classroom built for 30. I was worried I was in the wrong place.
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.