In*cor"po*rate (?), a. [L. incorporatus. See In- not, and Corporate.]

1.

Not consisting of matter; not having a material body; incorporeal; spiritual.

Moses forbore to speak of angles, and things invisible, and incorporate. Sir W. Raleigh.

2.

Not incorporated; not existing as a corporation; as, an incorporate banking association.

 

© Webster 1913.


In*cor"po*rate, a. [L. incorporatus, p. p. of incorporare to incorporate; pref. in- in + corporare to make into a body. See Corporate.]

Corporate; incorporated; made one body, or united in one body; associated; mixed together; combined; embodied.

As if our hands, our sides, voices, and minds Had been incorporate. Shak.

A fifteenth part of silver incorporate with gold. Bacon.

 

© Webster 1913.


In*cor"po*rate (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Incorporated (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Incorporating (?).]

1.

To form into a body; to combine, as different ingredients. into one consistent mass.

By your leaves, you shall not stay alone, Till holy church incorporate two in one. Shak.

2.

To unite with a material body; to give a material form to; to embody.

The idolaters, who worshiped their images as golds, supposed some spirit to be incorporated therein. Bp. Stillingfleet.

3.

To unite with, or introduce into, a mass already formed; as, to incorporate copper with silver; -- used with with and into.

4.

To unite intimately; to blend; to assimilate; to combine into a structure or organization, whether material or mental; as, to incorporate provinces into the realm; to incorporate another's ideas into one's work.

The Romans did not subdue a country to put the inhabitants to fire and sword, but to incorporate them into their own community. Addison.

5.

To form into a legal body, or body politic; to constitute into a corporation recognized by law, with special functions, rights, duties and liabilities; as, to incorporate a bank, a railroad company, a city or town, etc.

 

© Webster 1913.


In*cor"po*rate (?), v. i.

To unite in one body so as to make a part of it; to be mixed or blended; -- usually followed by with.

Painters' colors and ashes do better incorporate will oil. Bacon.

He never suffers wrong so long to grow, And to incorporate with right so far As it might come to seem the same in show. Daniel.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.