Mastery of the Sphere of Mind is mastery of oneself- at least, that's the way it is in Mage the Ascension. Because this Sphere exists purely on an intellectual level, it is not the more efficient way to attack someone (that dubious honor goes to the Sphere of Forces), but it is almost always coincidental in nature. Mind does not work through biological methods as Life would, nor does it push and pull at the soul as Spirit would- it acts upon the psyche, and pushes things in the way that the mage desires.

Beginning levels of Mind entail the ability to sense thoughts and emotions and strengthen one against mental attacks; advanced skill grants the capacity to force their will upon another, to walk among the astral reaches, and to untether their psyche from their body and fly in the reaches of dreams.

The Akashic Brotherhood, with their understanding that to know oneself is to know the All, are the chief practitioners of the Sphere of Mind.

mind, aka mind.be is a cool linux company, situated in leuven, Belgium.

Slay, winmute, p2, pjotr and brune are the board-members of this company.

The company was born in October 1999, started growing in april 2000 and 'll never stop growing :) At this moment, there are 15 consultants working for mind. They are installing mail- and webservers, giving lessons in linux and writing solutions for about all linux-problems.

Me, the smalest nerd who works there, I'm the secretary.

The three magical words of mind are : fun, learning and money.
Some specific thoughts of our company : "bill and of course all his thoughts or products sucks", "linux for ever",...

Slay or winmute, fill out the rest please.

Mind (?), n. [AS. mynd, gemynd; akin to OHG. minna memory, love, G. minne love, Dan. minde mind, memory, remembrance, consent, vote, Sw. minne memory, Icel. minni, Goth. gamunds, L. mens, mentis, mind, Gr. , Skr. manas mind, man to think. , . Cf. Comment, Man, Mean, v., 3d Mental, Mignonette, Minion, Mnemonic, Money.]

1.

The intellectual or rational faculty in man; the understanding; the intellect; the power that conceives, judges, or reasons; also, the entire spiritual nature; the soul; -- often in distinction from the body.

By the mind of man we understand that in him which thinks, remembers, reasons, wills. Reid.

What we mean by mind is simply that which perceives, thinks, feels, wills, and desires. Sir W. Hamilton.

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Rom. xiv. 5.

The mind shall banquet, though the body pine. Shak.

2.

The state, at any given time, of the faculties of thinking, willing, choosing, and the like; psychical activity or state; as: (a) Opinion; judgment; belief.

A fool uttereth all his mind. Prov. xxix. 11.

Being so hard to me that brought your mind, I fear she'll prove as hard to you in telling her mind. Shak.

(b)

Choice; inclination; liking; intent; will

.

If it be your minds, then let none go forth. 2 Kings ix. 15.

(c)

Courage; spirit

.

Chapman.

3.

Memory; remembrance; recollection; as, to have or keep in mind, to call to mind, to put in mind, etc.

To have a mind or great mind, to be inclined or strongly inclined in purpose; -- used with an infinitive. "Sir Roger de Coverly... told me that he had a great mind to see the new tragedy with me." Addison. -- To lose one's mind, to become insane, or imbecile. -- To make up one's mind, to come to an opinion or decision; to determine. -- To put in mind, to remind. "Regard us simply as putting you in mind of what you already know to be good policy." Jowett (Thucyd. ).

 

© Webster 1913.


Mind (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Minded; p. pr. & vb. n. Minding.] [AS. myndian, gemyndian to remember. See Mind, n.]

1.

To fix the mind or thoughts on; to regard with attention; to treat as of consequence; to consider; to heed; to mark; to note.

"Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate."

Rom. xii. 16.

My lord, you nod: you do not mind the play. Shak.

2.

To occupy one's self with; to employ one's self about; to attend to; as, to mind one's business.

Bidding him be a good child, and mind his book. Addison.

3.

To obey; as, to mind parents; the dog minds his master.

4.

To have in mind; to purpose.

Beaconsfield.

I mind to tell him plainly what I think. Shak.

5.

To put in mind; to remind.

[Archaic]

M. Arnold.

He minded them of the mutability of all earthly things. Fuller.

I do thee wrong to mind thee of it. Shak.

Never mind, do not regard it; it is of no consequence; no matter.

Syn. -- To notice; mark; regard; obey. See Attend.

 

© Webster 1913.


Mind, v. i.

To give attention or heed; to obey; as, the dog minds well.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.