To accident send an instant message or zephyr to someone other than the person for whom the message was intended.

Mixing is often a sign that the mixer is multi-tasking, and/or is hosed.
Mixes have been known to cause arguments, breaking-up, and other trauma as well as a lot of amusement. Some communities and zephyr classes use a rating system for mixes, based on their amusement value and on the steamyness of the supposedly-confidential content.

A term DJs use when making a smooth transition from one track to another by temporarily combining the two.

Mix (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mixed (?) (less properly Mixt); p. pr. & vb. n. Mixing.] [AS. miscan; akin to OHG. misken, G. mischen, Russ. mieshate, W. mysgu, Gael. measg, L. miscere, mixtum, Gr. , , Skr. missra mixed. The English word has been influenced by L. miscere, mixtum (cf. Mixture), and even the AS. miscan may have been borrowed fr. L. miscere. Cf. Admix, Mash to bruise, Meddle.]

1.

To cause a promiscuous interpenetration of the parts of, as of two or more substances with each other, or of one substance with others; to unite or blend into one mass or compound, as by stirring together; to mingle; to blend; as, to mix flour and salt; to mix wines.

Fair persuasions mixed with sugared words. Shak.

2.

To unite with in company; to join; to associate.

Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people. Hos. vii. 8.

3.

To form by mingling; to produce by the stirring together of ingredients; to compound of different parts.

Hast thou no poison mixed? Shak.

I have chosen an argument mixed of religious and civil considerations. Bacon.

 

© Webster 1913.


Mix (?), v. i.

1.

To become united into a compound; to be blended promiscuously together.

2.

To associate; to mingle.

He had mixed Again in fancied safety with his kind. Byron.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.