Now that I'm working a regular job, payday is nothing special. This is not because I am overpaid, it's because I have direct deposit so my paycheck goes straight to the bank. This sounds like a good idea, but it's not because it means never know how much (or how little) money I actually have.

Payday is also the name of a Parker Bros. board game whose goal is to save as much money as possible after paying off all of your bills and other sundry expenses. For ages 8 and up.
A chewy and crunchy candy bar manufactured by Hershey Chocolate, a division of Hershey Foods Corporation.

The PayDay bar is composed of peanut halves covering a soft, solid caramel core. While I generally dislike nuts in my confections, the combination found in the PayDay is a good balance of salty and sweet without either being overpowering or underrepresented.

In 1911, Frank Martoccio, founder of the F. A. Martoccio Macaroni Company of Minneapolis, purchased the Pratt and Langhoft Candy Company. He then acquired the assets of the Pendergast Candy Company in 1928. The business continued to grow, and Martoccio relocated to Centralia, IL, and in 1933 the company name was changed to Hollywood Brands, Inc. Products manufactured and sold included Butternut (1916), PayDay (1932), Milkshake (1927), and Zero (1920). In 1967, the Martoccio family sold the company to Consolidated Foods Corporation, which later became Sara Lee. The Centralia plant was destroyed in 1980 by a fire, but with hard work, ingenuity and the assistance of the L. S. Heath and Sons Company, Hollywood Brands continued production until a new plant could be constructed and it opened in 1983. Hollywood Brands was bought by Huhtamake Oy of Helsinki, Finland in 1988 and became part of Leaf, Inc. In 1996, Hershey Foods Corporation acquired the Leaf North America confectionary operations.

Here, so you know what you're doing to your system every time you eat one of these things, are the stats.

Ingredients:

peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (contains soybean and cottonseed oils), nonfat milk, salt, mono- and diglycerides, egg whites, TBHQ (a preservative), soy protein, citric acid (to maintain freshness)
Nutrition Facts: While not the most health conscious candy bar on the market, the PayDay is not particularly bad except in the area of fat.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.