Pet was a band with a lead woman vocalist.

Lisa Papineau - vocals
Tyler Bates - guitar, backing vocals, bass
Alex LoCascio - drums, backing vocals

Pet's self titled album's Executive Producer was Tori Amos. The song, "Lil' Boots" was on the soundtrack for "The Crow: City of Angels". (IMHO the movie sucked though)

The only Pet album is filled with tormented music with cryptic lyrics.

The only album released by the band Pet was the self titled album in 1996. Now Lisa Papineau does solo projects.
'Pet' first came into use in 1508, when it was used as a term of endearment for a child--usually a spoiled one.
By 1539 it's meaning had expanded to include domestic animals--you could now have a pet child and a pet monkey.
In 1515 another 'pet' came into use, a verb this time. It was a modified form of the Italian petto, meaning 'to fart' (most likely this is an example of onomatopoeia). This meaning has since been dropped.
The reference to house-hold animals as pets developed into into another verb, meaning 'to fondle', or 'to stroke'. The most recent development took place in North America, where it's usage was expanded to include the fondeling of humans, specificaly a member of the opposit sex.

The 2000 album released from Fur Patrol, featuring Julia Deans's wonderful voice (call me a boy, but i go all squishy for a woman with the right voice).

Pet (?), n. [Formerly peat, perhaps from Ir. peat, akin to Gael. peata.]

1.

A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.

2.

Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a fondling; a darling; often, a favorite child.

The love of cronies, pets, and favorites. Tatler.

3. [Prob. fr. Pet a fondling, hence, the behavior or humor of a spoiled child.]

A slight fit of peevishness or fretfulness.

"In a pet she started up."

Tennyson.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pet, a.

Petted; indulged; admired; cherished; as, a pet child; a pet lamb; a pet theory.

Some young lady's pet curate. F. Harrison.

Pet cock. [Perh. for petty cock.] Mach. A little faucet in a water pipe or pump, to let air out, or at the end of a steam cylinder, to drain it.<-- also petcock -->

 

© Webster 1913.


Pet, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Petted; p. pr. & vb. n. Petting.]

To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge; as, she was petted and spoiled.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pet, v. i.

To be a pet.

Feltham.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.