In modern graffiti terminology, a production is a collaboration between two or more graffiti writers, with carefully executed pieces, a complex background, and possibly characters, often tied together by a common theme. They are also the traditional way for crews to showcase their talent, with productions featuring work from every member.

Productions are usually done on walls, whether by permission or in illegal yards, although you might occasionally see one on a freight train. The kings of NYC subway graffiti were known for their top-to-bottom and whole-car productions.

Pro*duc"tion (?), n. [L. productio a lengthening, prolonging: cf. F. production. See Produce. ]

1.

The act or process or producing, bringing forth, or exhibiting to view; as, the production of commodities, of a witness.

2.

That which is produced, yielded, or made, whether naturally, or by the application of intelligence and labor; as, the productions of the earth; the productions of handicraft; the productions of intellect or genius.

3.

The act of lengthening out or prolonging.

Syn. -- Product; produce; fruit; work; performance; composition.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.