A very connotative word.

As in scatological: pertaining to feces, often in a sexual manner. Were you ever in a German scheiss-film?

As in music, a form of highly-vocal jazz.

As an interjection, to request that something kindly go away.

Deprecated meanings, according to Webster 1913: tribute, and a shower of rain (as opposed to a golden shower, which isn't technically scatological).

scat: vernacular term for coprophilia [from Greek, skatos, dung] and sexuoerotic activities and ideation which may involve enemas, defecation and the use of feces, as in observing, smelling, smearing and consumption. This may be part of a sadomasochistic repertory or a fetishistic paraphilia as is coprophilia. See also coprolagnia

Dictionary of Sexology Project: Main Index

Scat is also a name for a very famous cardgame. The game is close to blackjack. Where as in blackjack you try to get 21, in Scat you try to get 31. Of course there is a hitch. All the cards have to be the same suit.

The dealer deals each player three cards and then puts the deck down and flips one card over. Game starts to the left of the dealer. You can either pick up the card that is showing or draw a card, then you must discard. When you think you have the higest hand you can knock on the table which takes a whole turn so you can't draw. After a knock players have one more turn around to get higher cards then everyone must reveal their hand. The trick is to watch and try to figure out what each player is going for.

The number system goes cards 1-10 you get whatever the number is. Jacks, Queens, Kings are 10, and an Ace is 11. If a player has 31 they call Scat and the game is over instantly. If you get three of the same cards but different suits you recieve 30 and a half which means you automatically won unless someone else recieves Scat. Remember they must be the same suit.

Usually you play the game with a 1, or 5 dollar bill when a winner is announced the loser, the person with the lowest hand, folds a corner of his dollar. When all four corners of the bill is folded the player is out. The winner recieves all the money. Also if two or more people tie with the lowest hand, a fist fight will decide who folds.

Scat (?), interj.

Go away; begone; away; -- chiefly used in driving off a cat.

 

© Webster 1913.


Scat, Scatt, n. [Icel. scattr.]

Tribute.

[R.] "Seizing scatt and treasure."

Longfellow.

 

© Webster 1913.


Scat, n.

A shower of rain.

[Prov. Eng.]

Wright.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.