user since
Thu May 10 2001 at 01:37:27 (23 years ago )
last seen
Mon Dec 14 2009 at 00:07:57 (14.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
4 - View AndrewATF's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 26
school/company
University of Texas at Austin, Plan II
motto
Can't prove I did it
most recent writeup
Counter-Strike
Send private message to AndrewATF



Mondaugen went out alone into the bush, ended up living with the Ovatjimba, the aardvark people, who are the poorest of the Hereros. They accepted him with no questions. He thought of himself, there and here, as a radio transmitter of some kind, and believed that whatever he was broadcasting at the time was at least no threat to them. In his electro-mysticism, the triode was as basic as the cross in Christianity. Think of the ego, the self that suffers a personal history bound to time, as the grid. The deepr and true Self is the flow between cathode and plate. The constant, pure flow. Signals-sense-data, feelings, memories relocating-are put onto the grid, and modulate the flow. We live lives that are waveforms constantly changing with time, now positive, now negative. Only at moments of great serenity is it possible to find the pure, the informationless state of signal zero.

"In the name of the cathode, the anode, and the holy grid?" said Pökler.

"Yes, that's good," Mondaugen smiled.





User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date