Danny was a busybody. She needed to know everything. She read every text that entered the house. She carried armloads of books with her wherever she went, an eccentric security blanket for a six year old. While Mommy studied Stats & Criminology, Danny would vanish into University Library to wait. Someday's she'd creep into a lecture hall and listen from the back row. Mommy often brought home case studies on Criminal behavior and socialization methods for her youngest daughter to read. Sometimes they would "chat" or debate about how nice it would be if Daddy was involved in one experiment or another. Depo-Provera: AKA medroxyprogesterone acetate, that was a favorite.

Depo-Provera was commonly used upon criminals prone to sexual misconduct. The hormone rendered their erect penises limp, therefore "ensuring" that the convict would no longer be capable of abusing their victims in that manner. Using this drug on individuals without their consent had a negative implication, criminal or not. Although most commonly used on males in the past - the use of Depo-Provera has shifted to the opposite sex.

When her big sister, Gina, was a dancer the other dancing girls suggested Depo shots to her. Since then, every 12 weeks she fills her prescription and then visits her doctor for her shot in the bum. Every 12 weeks, she calls her little sister and tells her how wonderful a form of birth control this is. No cramps. No Bloating. No Bitchiness. No Blood. Like clockwork, Danny says "no". It is not for her. Throughout six years, the conversation tends to repeat.

As a 99% effective form of birth control, Depo-Provera is administered by a intra-muscular shot once every three months. This eliminates the confusion felt by women who have difficulty taking a pill at the same time every day. Many women who use it find that it eliminates most typical symptoms of menstruation. They no longer experience their periods every 28 days. Instead they may have one every few months, or not at all.

Like Clockwork: The phone rings. Danny hears the words, "I'm just leaving the Doctor's office." This time the conversation changes. Garbled words, muffled by tears. "I quit the Depo a year and a half ago. We were keeping it a secret until... We've been trying for a baby but the Doctors think it's too late."

  • Common known side effects are:
  • Moodiness
  • Bloating & / or Extreme weight gain
  • Acne, regardless of age
  • Profuse BLEEDING that may last a random and indeterminate length of time (several days / weeks / months)
  • The possibility exists that your body may remain unable to conceive once you cease use of Depo-Provera

Unknown side effects are: UNKNOWN