Hello Everythingians,

This is a short one. Simply - I endorse everything GhettoAardvark said above about the implementation of re-voting. A few weeks have passed since he said it, and I can see that this issue has been allowed to fall fallow... I had assumed you management types would change your mind on what is so obviously a bad call, but you haven't. The time has come to add some additional weight on this issue.

I treat this place like a town I live in... And in your town you're free to misbehave, and you're free to get busted (and end up a social outcast) for it... But it's up to you if you want to. This is different, a type of positive reinforcement of niceness that smells like soft paternalism (a coersive school of economic thought that says you should encourage people to do the right thing). Freedom of expression means standing up for the right of assholes to be assholes.

It's not about the quality of the individual writeup - if you let people re-vote then you should let them do whatever they want with it. In this town you have to earn suffrage. Once you've earned that right, your choice to use it should be respected.

Please can you stop insulting us. Treating us like errant children if we choose to love, hate and embrace the full flood of human emotions... Well, it's just not cool.

Yours, with love.

Auduster.