I have finally come to my senses. After ten years of fighting with the truth, I have decided to come to terms with this one, simple fact : There is no Love.

I've been alone as long as I can remember. Sure, I have friends. I have family. I even have plenty of friends here. But I'm tired of being alone in my heart. I've been waiting for that special someone to come along for far too long. I used to be a hopeless romantic; in love with the idea of being in love. But it's never happened. I thought it had once, but it was just co-dependency rearing it's ugly face.

I'm bitter, jaded, and tired of all the bullshit I put myself through. I'm tired of all the bullshit the world puts me through. I watch movies about love, and when they end happily, I know it's bullshit. When they end sadly, they try to soften the blow with "Love is forever". No, it's not. If it was, then why all the pain? Love is supposed to be about happiness. If love is forever, then why does the happiness end? I have seen many friends, both in real life and on here, get irrevocably hurt from "love". Many a night have I stayed up late, at home on the phone, at the computer typing, or at a party holding someone's hard, listening to the poor sap, boy or girl, pour his or her heart out to me over something they call "love". I'm sorry, but if you've only know each other for two or three months, its not love, it's lust.

Love will not find me, I know this now. I mourn the loss of my innocence, but I am better because of it. I won't be flittering around, hoping to be happy because someone else loves me. I will make my own happiness. Don't pity me because I've seen the light. Don't hate me because it scares you that my words ring true. Just think of my words, and see if you are happy in your suffering...