1. What is your name?

Zeph P. Ronias

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I'm the eldest of three, a (recently) tenured teacher, I've been in E2 since my community college, coffeeshop-job days, I have a fifteen year old cat named Onion who is the bestest little old lady cat in the world, and since the Covid19 lockdown started, I've become re-addicted to minecraft. 

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a Noder?

As it says in my homenode, I am All Custo's Fault. I found his New York Magician series linked on TVTropes and I've stuck around since.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

*deep breath*
Custo's New York magician
Haqiqat's Stories from The World
Jet Poop's Metro City Chronicles
Chord's City magic
Moloch36's Moloch series
Pretty much all of Zed_Alpha's fiction.

And?
Harking back to fallen angels
monday morning after the zeitgeist
We control the algorithms for all emotions. We will make your steel city cry.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation
We don't make good wives
I had forgotten the bear's name, and could not find my way home to the Thousand Acre wood
I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library
Requiem Aeternam 
Me and Sue and Ricky and God
The demon was just under three feet tall
The good guys and the bad guys were on the back of the boat and I swear I only turned my back for a MINUTE but when I came back, they'd killed Mozart.
When I'm wearing a bonnet and sipping pretend tea with Miss Ponykins and Zippy the Ugly Zebra, that's when I feel the most like a man
How to spot a powerful mage
SCP-384
How mages discovered the scientific method
How the scientists discovered magic
So what ever happened to Yahweh's drinking buddies?
The Blademourner Trilogy - A Five Part Saga in Seven Acts.
The meadow, dark and moist.
The only thing stopping us is the pressure. If your machine can withstand it, we are already on our way.
David decides to fall and its sequel
Confessions of a Pedestrian Traffic Light Gnome
One of the dangers of necromancy is you don't really know who's on the other side or what they're going to give you in return. and its sequel Hope walks a tightrope between potential and expectation

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favorite: 

-Shooting the shit in the catbox with people I like.

-Those times when someone would write a weird WU or put a new quest and people got excited over them. That was fun. Things like SuperMegaNodeFestQuest and A BUSINESS PROPOSITION QUEST 2012 and ReQuest.

-The first C! I ever got from Custo. It was on the 3rd Bri story back in the day, and I was thrilled. 

-That time a bunch of us found some dude pretending to be a haute auteur writer, but all his stuff was copy-pasted from E2, so everybody here spent a few hours looking for their stuff and bragging about how many of their WUs had been ripped off like a badge of honor. That was a fun day.

-When Clockmaker decided to write again.

 

Least Favorite:

-There were a handful of dramatic fuckos who were initially entertainingly bad, but in the end wound up driving good people from the site or worse.

-The sordid history of theAnglican and his eventual banning. That sucked.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

The catbox, mostly, though since Covid and my re-addiction to minecraft (not to mention the fact that I'm working from home and so don't have to fuck around on E2 between classes) means I haven't been on almost at all lately. 

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

Remember when we were gonna get image support? *wistful sigh*

8. What does E2 mean to you?

What kind of SAT question is this. E2 is a website I like. I like some of the people on it. Some of the people who aren't on it I still talk to and I consider my friends. I like to read stories people put on here. I like to post writing here sometimes and get happy when people like it. That's as clear as I can put it. 

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Oldies include Custo, Cass, Joop, Tem42, Redomega, Clockmaker, Haq, and folks who maybe don't stop by much, but are still irrevocably tied to this place in my memory. The Montags and ECs and Wertperches.  

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

I dunno. What Hollywood actor is good at sitting in their pajamas and noodling around on the internet when they should be working?

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

The lost city of Atlantis. 

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

You didn't ask me my favorite color, book, Tv show, food, movie, or where I hid the cure for cancer. Now you'll never know!

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Zephronias or Jet-Poop.